EURAC was founded in 1992 as a private research and education centre, and is home to researchers from all over Europe who work together on a wide range of interdisciplinary projects. The EURAC-Institute for Public Management pursues research in the management dimension of public sector institutions. The research is mainly concentrated on application-oriented research as well as on the development and scientific support of public sector reform processes.
The research focuses on the following areas:
- Management of local authorities
- Management of social services
- Public accounting and controlling
- Management of non-profit organisations
- International public management